Sunday, May 18, 2014

El Camino di Santiago-less than 100 miles to go


After 18 miles in the hot Spanish sun we made it to Villafranca, Spain where I sketched the Iglesias San Francisco in the main plaza.


Today was a long hot mostly 20 mile uphill walk through tiny little Spanish hamlets. Tonight we are staying in a  one Albergue town where the cows and chickens share the plaza with us pilgrims as we eat, drink and reflect upon our day and the journey.

My walking friend Patti got sick last night so today I walked alone. However since starting this journey I have met many wonderful pilgrims many of which we see daily or every other day. Today I was lucky to come upon my favorite pilgrims "The Three Amigos"-Win and Erwin father and son from The Netherlands and Larry from Canada and we shared a bit of time on the trail...and always lots of laughs!!!

2 comments:

Ross Sutherland said...

great sketches and you are almost there!

Ross Sutherland said...

great sketches and you are almost there!