Saturday, April 14, 2012

Weekly sketches April 9-13


Weekly commuting make it more difficult to keep up with sketching, especially when it comes to adding watercolor. I've starting throwing a small sketchbook and a couple of pens in my backpack. With less commitment, I am more able to sketch while waiting at an airport, on a plane, taking a walk and in meetings.

I still practice portraits whenever I find some time.

Our friend Skip Baker an expat for years, he lives in Costa Rica with his family.


My dear old dad who is struggling, but still hanging in there. Love you dad!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

The squared in sketches are interesting with just the right amount of color and the pens pop right out of the frame. I'm glad you're still able to make time to be creative every day.

Through_My_Eyes said...

Jennifer - you have such wonderfull images. Post more often - even if it is older material. In December 2010 I decided to do a drawing every day - not a no-kidder-full-fledged-full-sheet drawing - but some object or person every day. Since then I have missed only 2 or 3 days. Keep cranking it out. What cherished memories they bring back to us.

Dan Kent said...

Masterful sketches all! Looks like we need a story to go with those squares! I think the spots of color on the portraits are great.

martinepittet said...

Wonderful portraits and great pages of sketches: your rendition of everyday scenes is great !