Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Grilled fish on the beach

We love the simple way they grill fish over coconut husks, so on Friday nights, we usually find ourselves sitting at the waters edge eating a pile of grilled fish. They know us there because Jerry, being in the seafood business, is always looking under the gills and smelling the fish for freshness. I usually find the sweet restaurant cat who is so close to being put in my totebag and taken to the vet for spaying and shots. Every night I go home fretting about her, however, she doesn't have such a bad life. Every morning on my walk I find her sound asleep in a chair at one of the restaurant tables. It's just that she will have kittens, again and again. The other night one of the waitresses, Lelek said to me "ambil?"—you take? Oh man...

Cumi cumi bakar (grilled squid or cuttlefish) my absolute favorite.

2 comments:

donnamcm said...

Great contour drawing. And the story about the reading glasses was hysterical.

caseytoussaint said...

These drawings are wonderful - you really seem to capture the ambiance. You should draw that cat - and maybe even adopt her?