Sunday, July 12, 2009

daily • dog • draw

More than half of most of my sketch books are filled with drawings of my dog, Sophie. I have used just about every possible paper, pens, pencils and paints to capture her "cuteness". Although, I by no means hold a candle to Roz Stendahl's 43 volumes of sketches of her dog Dottie which she calls the Daily Dots, I find the same satisfaction in this daily habit of drawing my sweet dog. Both Sophie and drawing are such an important part of my life that is such a gift to be able to combine them. It doesn't get much better than that. Thanks Roz for your inspiration.

5 comments:

Kate (Cathy Johnson) said...

She IS an absolute cutie, Jennifer!

A Brush with Color said...

Very sweet! I love the color on the collar. I always enjoy your sketches of this sweet one.

Caroline said...

Lovely sketch, sweet dog!

Sherry Pierce Thurner said...

Sopie is a cutie - but you knew that. I like the black and white with bit of bright color here.

Roz Stendahl said...

Thank you Jennifer—I love looking at your dog drawings, made with such love and a clear eye! Roz