Sunday, March 22, 2009

Missing the Soph's

I love to wander through Roz Stendal's journal pages. Visiting her blog Roz Wound Up is a daily habit of mine which is filled with technical information and creative stimulation. I especially like her use of gouache which I continue to struggle with, but I get them out every so often and give them a try! Her March 10th post suggested we celebrate dogs and go out and find one to draw. I'm a little late, but here's Sophie in gouache from a photo before our last walk. I really miss my best pal.

8 comments:

caseytoussaint said...

Her expression is absolutely priceless!

Carolyn said...

I love this painting...and the way you laid down the colors.

Linda T said...

THis is wonderful. I love how you used all those colors to show "white". Sophie will be proud!

Roz Stendahl said...

Jennifer, thanks for the kind words about my blog. I'm so glad that you are continuing to work with gouache. Sophie looks fabulous! I know it must be so difficult to be away from her, but I'm glad you are celebrating her.

And now you have all those Balinese dogs to capture. I'm so looking forward to those posts to get some dog energy!

Margaret Ann said...

SPECTACULAR color! Priceless! :)

seesue said...

Right, I never thought but of course you have to leave your sweet Sophie behind. Lovin' your gouache wash.

Judybec said...

Gorgeous color! Sophie is missing you too-- I'm sure of it.

Carol C said...

I love this portrait! You've put gouache to good use! Excellent rendering (from what I can tell from your other Sophie pics). You'll be back soon!