Monday, March 31, 2008

me and my shadow

Sophie is a 14 lb Bichon Frise mix who thinks she is a big dog. Unafraid of most dogs, it can be a little embarrassing as I smile and make excuses for my fierce little white dog. However, this mighty little dog is desperately afraid of storm drains and refuses to budge unless we cross the street to make a wide circle around them. She then looks back and gives me that "there is possibly something creepy lurking under that drain cover" face. Actually, I have to agree with her.

16 comments:

Alan said...

love it...made me chuckle...

juj said...

I'm sure she's absolutely correct! Great sketch - love the abstract shapes and angles

Margaret McCarthy Hunt said...

Beautiful....dogs are the best...my shadows are two jack russells that follow my every step

bettyfromtexas said...

I absolutely love this painting, AND the way you composed it!!!

Lynn said...

I suspected Sophie was a dog, but I didn't guess she was so adorable! Thanks for posting her beautiful portrait.

weebug said...

I love how the shadow is big!

Margaret Ann said...

Great perspective Jen! Shadow is awesome...:)

Shelly McC said...

Gorgeous!

Linda said...

Wonderful!

Unknown said...

lol @ Sophie! Great painting!

Anonymous said...

This is great -- your little ball of fluff is adorable! Wonderful painting.

Sandy said...

She is adorable and a great scouting partner. Dogs truly are our best friends. I have two dogs, a cat and a horse.

Lydia Velarde said...

This is great I love it. I'll Bet Sophie loves her BIG shadow!

Mark Kwasny said...

Your work never ceases to amaze me. Of course, the dog is a differnt story. I had a dog that was repelled by storm drains (golden retriever). That and other habits had her on my nerves constantly. So I don't think I'll be drawing her.

Mark

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

fabulous!

Jennifer Lawson said...

Thank you all for the wonderful comments. When I saw her shadow I knew I had to paint it. She just came with the shadow.

Jennifer